James B. Martini

Gentleman Spy : B-Boy : Rebel Scum

Name:
Location: New York City

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sweary gangsters

As I believe I've mentioned, I love a good swear. There's something particularly sublime about choice four-letter oaths when they're removed from their context. And then there's this Scarface video edit - it contains nothing but all the "fuck"s in the film in chronological order, and yet the entire plot is completely discernible. (Only Michelle Pfeiffer breaks the rhythm, but she at least makes a salient contribution).

via kontraband

Mission file addendum: Brian de Palma's version of James Ellroy's The Black Dahlia is out later this year. Ellroy is a mad genius. American Tabloid nurtured and expanded my JFK jones and was the reason I wanted to visit that very naughty island in the Caribbean. I read parts of The Cold Six Thousand sitting on the beach at the Bay of Pigs. The Ellroy site those links go to is fantastic; it has the covers from every edition of every book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home